Monday, December 26, 2011

Growing up

Sweet Caroline,

You're growing up way too fast, and there's apparently nothing I can do to stop it. Tonight, as we were enjoying bath time, you pushed my hand away and said "I do!" You dumped the cup of water over your head, giggled and held out your hand for soap, saying "scrub scrub!" Then you lathered up your whole body, hair included, and washed it all off with your ducky wash cloth. I was amazed - it's usually a fight to put water over your head. Apparently when you're in control it's different.
I stopped for a second to marvel at your budding independence. A year ago at this time, you were sitting up and barely crawling around. Today you're walking, running, and saying "I do!" whenever you have the chance. While I'm so sad to say goodbye to the little baby girl who needs me for everything, I'm so proud of all that you've learned and marvel at all you want to learn to do all by yourself.
My teary eyed moment of nostalgia didn't last long. It was interrupted by you dumping a cup of water over my head. Thank you for keeping me in the moment!

Love you always,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment